Phill Coxon

Phill Coxon

Developer & awesome beta tester :D

Author image

Phill Coxon

3 years ago

As previously mentioned in the facebook group I'd like to request API / webhook support, particularly inbound.  

As an example, I've just been configuring postmarkapp.com for a new website. It's working great for outgoing emails but I'd also like to use the postmarkapp.com inbou...

2 peoples likes this

5 comments

• Parvez Akther
    Parvez Akther 3 years ago
    We use postmark to delivery all our email but I'm not sure about your use case for inbound email parsing.
  • Matt Miciula
    Matt Miciula 3 years ago
    +1 for API / webhook support
  • Phill Coxon
    Phill Coxon 3 years ago
    The use case is that I can set up a Postmark inbound stream to receive email at different email addresses on my domains and Postmark can then post the email via webhook to a suitable API end point. Lots of logging and potential flexibility re: ingesting the email data depending on the API feature set.
    • Phill Coxon
      Phill Coxon 3 years ago
      https://postmarkapp.com/developer/webhooks/inbound-webhook
    • Phill Coxon
      Phill Coxon 3 years ago
      Yes, inbound email forwarding works in the most part but I'm still seeing signs of emails not getting through (need to do more testing) and at some point in future I'd like the full flexibility to create tickets via API whether they are from postmark incoming web-hooks or other applications.
Author image

Phill Coxon

3 years ago

Having been using Zendesk for an enterprise project with a large team for the last 6 months I have been amazed at how useful it is to write responses in Markdown in the ticket editor. 

Particularly for using tags such as `inline code highlighting` or block quotes:

```

3 peoples likes this

2 comments

• Phill Coxon
    Phill Coxon 3 years ago
    If it's helpful I can provide some screenshots / video of how Zendesk implements Markdown support.
    1 Like
  • Parvez Akther
    Parvez Akther 3 years ago
    That's an interesting idea but i'm not sure either, how many people take advantage of markdown.
Author image

Phill Coxon

3 years ago

From: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thrivedesk/permalink/475058940190471/?comment_id=475201856842846

Both tags and Saved Replies appear to be global across all Inboxes. This is...

4 peoples likes this

2 comments

• Phill Coxon
    Phill Coxon 3 years ago
    Parvez has indicated in same Facebook thread: "yes, global and inbox specific replies" - yay! Thank you! 😀